A Gardener's View of Blogging

It’s easier to get up early in the morning when you’re gardening instead of going to the office. In fact, if I sleep too late, I feel like I've missed the best part of the day. Being outside, whether in the garden, on a hike or riding a bike, is important to me. With cold weather coming and the garden chores being less, I see an opportunity to explore more new topics. Exercising my mind through writing is very rewarding to me.

Blogging has given me a new perspective. I see the world through a different set of eyes by looking at the details while appreciating the big picture. Whenever I meet an interesting person or see something interesting to gardeners, I get so excited about the idea of sharing these stories here in the blog.

Beyond my own blog, there are many wonderful gardeners and garden-bloggers that I've "met" through this venue and through garden forums. With the Web, the world is really flat. We can visit each other's gardens via the Web. It's great fun to have time to visit the other bloggers to see what's happening in their gardens and lives. I enjoy the interaction in the comments that are posted on my blog as well as leaving comments on the other blogs.

Retirement has given me time to slow down and take notice of things that have been right in front of me all these years. Or, time to experience new places. There is much to see and do here in the Chapel Hill area as well as the rest of North Carolina. Many of these gardens, sights and events are free.

Through my gardening and blogging, I now associate so much more with gardening -- native plants growing wild; farms and vineyards growing crops; backyard vegetable patches or potagers; beekeeping; butterflies and birds.

Inspiration comes from many others, so bringing guest gardeners, writers, artists, farmers, wildlife enthusiasts and environment supporters to my blog seems natural. You've already seen the featured Garden Inspirations from other gardeners as well as a book review by guest garden writer, Helen Yoest. Coming soon is a series to feature North Carolina artists whose beautiful work is inspired by gardens. I enjoy highlighting the work of others.

Enjoy the journey as we continue to meet new people and visit new places among all the wonderful gardening blogs.


0 comments:

Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts