Wanted (Alive): Armeria Cinerea



Is armeria cinerea hiding out under an assumed name? Or, is it so rare and exotic that I will need to offer up a huge bounty to bring it to my garden?

This plant was last seen during a visit to JC Raulston Arboretum, Raleigh, North Carolina in April 2009. The short, slender green foliage with white pom-poms was hanging around in the gravel-mulched xeric area.

All I have is the mugshot that I took of the plant and the name tag and arboretum tag number. Given the location, I don't believe this is a case of mistaken identity.

I can't find armeria cinerea listed anywhere in my search of the virtual world. There are many types of armeria (aka 'sea thrift') and even pseudoarmeria (aka 'false sea thrift').

If any gardener knows the whereabouts of armeria cinerea, please let me know!

Words and photos by Freda Cameron, Defining Your Home, Garden and Travel. Location: JC Raulston Arboretum, Raleigh, NC.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts