For the Love of Lavender




I love to buy lavender soap and bouquets of dried lavender at French markets. 
(Antibes, France; May 2010)


I love to use lavender as a centerpiece to fill the air with fragrance. 
(Antibes, France; May 2010)


I love to see lavender growing in fields. 
(Sunshine Lavender Farm, North Carolina; June 2010)


I love to learn about lavender planting from Annie Greer Baggett. 
(Sunshine Lavender Farm; June 2010)


I love to eat lavender ice cream made by Maple View Farm. 
(Sunshine Lavender Farm)


I love to bake lavender scones at home. 
(home kitchen, Chapel Hill, North Carolina; December 2008)


Most of all, I love to grow lavender for the wonderful honey bees.
Our neighborhood lost two wild bee hives over the winter. One hive is being rebuilt. 
My garden is far too quiet this year without all of the honey bees. 
(home garden, Chapel Hill; April 2009)



Words and photos by Freda Cameron, Defining Your Home, Garden and Travel. All company or product or patented names mentioned are registered trademarks, copyrights, or patents owned by those respective companies or persons.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts