Roses in Bloom

I wish these roses were growing in my garden! Fortunately, I can visit roses by going to the many public gardens in the area. These were photographed at the Rose Gardens of the Raleigh Little Theatre in Raleigh, North Carolina. There are 56 varieties of roses in the 60 beds at the Rose Gardens. Accredited by the All American Rose Society, the gardens include "hybrid teas, floribundas, grandifloras, miniatures and antiques."






I photographed the roses on April 29, 2009 using a Canon SX10 IS camera, macro setting, wide angle (cropped with software). Since it was noon with bright sun, I shaded the roses for the photos. Each photo has been reduced from 1-2 MB down to around 200 KB for uploading. ImageWell Software was used to create photo pairs and frame the pair before uploading. All computer work was done on an Apple MacBook.

Freda Cameron

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts